Install Of New System

hey everyone,

i decided to drop some money and get a new audio system, i was tired of turning down treb and mid just for bass.

im getting 2 type-R's 10'in alpine, alpine amp and alpine CDA-9835( not sure about the last one)...

is tehre anything more i need? i know that i need a box, i think im going with sealed, and install kit plus wire harnesses, im buying from sfxaudio.com. but is tehre anything else?

hey everyone,

im getting 2 type-R's 10'in alpine, alpine amp and alpine CDA-9835( not sure about the last one)...

is tehre anything more i need? i know that i need a box, i think im going with sealed, and install kit plus wire harnesses, im buying from sfxaudio.com. but is tehre anything else?

you need speakers. i'm dropping some cash right now too for new component speakers. check these out. Phoenix Gold Octane Z

Some people run speakers off deck power when they have woofers. It's an option, but I dont think it's the greatest choice. If I were going to spend the money on a new head unit, amplifier and subwoofers, I'd spend some extra cash and make my mid and high frequencies sound as good as my low frequency.

I'd get a 2 ohm amplifier which is designed to drive subwoofers . I wont do the math, but maximum power transfer occurs when output impedance is equal to the internal impedance of your amplifier....so put two 4 ohm woofers in parallel and get a 2 ohm amplifier.

You may also want to consider the size of your box. Some subwoofers require more box volume than others.

The size of your power wire is also important. Electrons see wire like water sees a hose. The bigger the hose, the more water can flow through it. Get 4 guage for both power and ground.

Dynamat your trunk (reduces unwanted noise)

Last but not least, they may be charging too much. Visit PriceGrabber.com and look in their car audio stuff. They'll find the lowest price around for any specific component or class of components.

You probably knew and considered most of this stuff, but i'm just bored and had nothing better to do than write a long post.,

hey everyone,

i decided to drop some money and get a new audio system, i was tired of turning down treb and mid just for bass.

Hey, GSsoldier

The picture of your dream GS or LS is hot / nice / sexy........, I wanted one like that myself too.....good taste my friend.