1995 Ls Remote Programming Problems

jvcn

Programming replacement keys - 1990 to 1996 LS400 only.1.Driver's door open and unlocked, all other doors closed and locked.2.Insert YOUR key in ignition, DO NOT TURN, remove key.3.Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).4.Shut door.5.Open door.6.Using the lock/unlock button ON THE DRIVERS DOOR, slowly press lock and unlock 5 times (count the lock 5 times and unlock 5 times).7.With the door open insert your key into the ignition, turn to on position (DON'T START), wait 5 seconds. Turn off and remove key.8.Locks should cycle once (Car will lock and then unlock once). If they don't cycle or they cycle more than once, do steps 1-7 over.9.Now using the remote, push lock button, hold for one second, release. The locks should cycle once. If not, start over and go slower.10.Close the door. Open the door. Press the lock button on the remote. The locks should cycle. Close the door. Press the lock button on the remote, the doors should lock. Press again and the doors should unlock.that procedure shouldn't work on the 97's...

HELP!

I tried following the procedure above but I get stuck at step 7. The locks do not cycle at all as in step 8. Any ideas as to what I can try? The second remote has FCC numbers at the back which match those of my working master remote.

:huh:

Check this thread and this is what worked for me with my 95. I think it is the same procedure but have a look.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=14666&hl=

Also note: You only program one remote at a time. That was my problem..I was hitting the lock button on 1 remote, then the other remote...and for some reason Lexus doesn't like that.

Check this thread and this is what worked for me with my 95. I think it is the same procedure but have a look.

http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=14666&hl=

Also note: You only program one remote at a time. That was my problem..I was hitting the lock button on 1 remote, then the other remote...and for some reason Lexus doesn't like that.

That is the thread I got the instructions from but it doesn't work. I don't even get to press the remote. It's not cycling at step 8. You said yours worked. Hmm...