Lexus collects and sells user data - no way to stop it.

RuthieA

Just purchased a 2024 Lexus. To my surprise, the car collects driving behavior, contacts, texts, destination and duration information, and more. They sell this information. The only way to stop the data collection is to disable connection services... which means No GPS, NO Bluetooth (so you can't use your phone for GPS). This should be illegal. I am sure I agreed in some small print on one of the several pages for the sale, but it is still invasive, and very disturbing. I want Lexus to allow users to opt out of data collection without taking away services I paid for when I bought the car. At the very least, I want Lexus to allow me to stop them from sharing/selling the data. 

Ruthie,

Have you ever seen the commercials from certain insurance companies that promise a discount in rates if you plug a device into your car?  Well, Lexus is providing the insurance companies the same data, only they are getting the cash instead of you.  How wonderful!