1998 Lexus SC400 Cannot Locate front Coil Springs

Ariovistus

Hello All. New member with a 1998 Lexus SC400. We recently rebuilt the front suspension. When We took it for an alignment, they said the coil springs were weak and needed to be replaced. But I have had zero success locating any front coil springs. Every dealer I have tried says they have been discontinued. Is there a suitable sub that can be used (Not Coil over Springs) from another Lexus or Toyota model that would work? I appreciate Your Input on this. Regards, KC

Did the dealership parts person cross-reference the part numbers to see if they are used on other models or did they simply check the part number for availability?

Really, though, I've never heard of coil springs that are getting "weak". How did the alignment shop determine this?

• Like 1

RX400h, Thank You for Your reply. The Lexus parts staff checked the parts for availability. No cross reference.  They told Me the springs were discontinued.

The Alignment shop told Me they had to raise the car a bit so they could align the car.  They told Me My front coil springs were weak and needed to be replaced. So I am looking for some new front coil springs. But since they are discontinued, I am looking for other options besides coil over springs. Regards, KC