Living a nightmare! 01 Lexus LS430 is down for the count!

I have no idea where to put this predicament I’m in with my 01 Lexus LS430. I figured this may be the best place to post this! This is my 6th Lexus. Over the years I have had nothing but good luck with the Lexus’s I’ve owned. A few have gotten over the 250,000 mile mark  like my 92 LS400 and my SC 300! My most recent Lexus being the 2001 LS430! My pride and joy. Long story short, I have put my blood, sweat, tears and a lot of f*^%&/^ money into this car and it jumped timing. I assumed that since the timing jumped and my car lost power after backfiring,  that my engine was toast. 
I ordered a JDM transmission and engine with supposedly only 45,000 to 65,000 and took a look at the “new” transmission and in the pan was a good 1.5” thick black goop. So I purchased a transmission and engine where the transmission is all fu^*ed ^. I believe I can reuse my old transmission, but it seemed as though it was slipping. I have been reimbursed for the bad tranny, not the engine. My old engine is toast, the new tranny is toast. I don’t even know if the new engine works. Where do I go from here? Has anyone ever been through this type of predicament? I also made a bad decision by hiring a long time friend that is also a backyard mechanic. He knew how to tear my whole engine and transmission out, along with my radiator, and everything else in the front end of the car! Any experienced Lexus owners or mechanics input is truly appreciated. I’m at a loss for words and money here and could use my fellow Lexus community for some support! Thanks for looking. 

I’m really sorry to hear about the trouble you’re having with your LS430. It sounds like you’ve put a lot of effort and resources into maintaining your Lexus vehicles over the years. Here are a few steps you might consider to move forward:

1. Assess the New Engine: Before proceeding, it’s crucial to determine if the new engine is in good working condition. You might want to have a professional mechanic inspect it thoroughly.

2. Transmission Options: Since your old transmission was slipping and the new one is in poor condition, you might consider rebuilding your old transmission if it’s feasible. Rebuilding can sometimes be more cost-effective than buying another used one, and you’ll know exactly what parts are being replaced.

3. Professional Help: Given the complexity of the situation, it might be best to seek help from a professional mechanic with experience in Lexus vehicles. They can provide a more accurate diagnosis and repair plan.

4. Community Support: Engaging with Lexus owner forums and communities can be incredibly helpful. Sometimes it takes a while for the right, experienced person to help. Hopefully, that will happen, soon.

5. Cost Considerations: Be mindful of the costs involved. Sometimes, it might be more economical to consider a different vehicle if the repair costs are too high. However, given your attachment to the LS430, a detailed cost-benefit analysis might help you decide.

6. Documentation and Warranty: Ensure you have all the documentation for the parts you’ve purchased, especially if they come with any warranty. This can help in case you need to return or exchange any components.

It’s a tough situation, but with the right approach and support, you can find a way forward.

Thank you for the support. Next step is getting the car back together. It’s hard to find a mechanic that would start where another one left off. Thanks for the words of wisdom. 

• Like 1