[TLDR at the bottom]

Hey! So, I'm a new Rx300 driver; it's my first car, and I love it! 

It has had it's problems, it's used and not exactly mint condition; but it still runs great and hasn't given me any serious issies, it does what I need it for and I can do my tasks comfortably.

Though I do want some help; see, in my center console, the lower storage drawer is stuck half open, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get it to budge; much less find any tips online about it, which led me to making this post; and I mean, it is usable, it just bothers me that it can't close or open further.

I've found where the track is, which I believe is the issue, but it's hard to get to it, and even harder to see what I'm doing; I'm sure I can do it, but I'm no mechanic, relatively I have no idea what I'm doing.

TLDR: Lower console drawer is stuck, won't budge, any helpful tips?

16 hours ago, Michael Coble said:

[TLDR at the bottom]

Hey! So, I'm a new Rx300 driver; it's my first car, and I love it! 

It has had it's problems, it's used and not exactly mint condition; but it still runs great and hasn't given me any serious issies, it does what I need it for and I can do my tasks comfortably.

Though I do want some help; see, in my center console, the lower storage drawer is stuck half open, and no matter how hard I try, I can't get it to budge; much less find any tips online about it, which led me to making this post; and I mean, it is usable, it just bothers me that it can't close or open further.

I've found where the track is, which I believe is the issue, but it's hard to get to it, and even harder to see what I'm doing; I'm sure I can do it, but I'm no mechanic, relatively I have no idea what I'm doing.

TLDR: Lower console drawer is stuck, won't budge, any helpful tips?

Here are some steps you can try to fix the issue:

1. Remove the Console Top: Start by removing the top part of the center console where the cup holders are. This usually involves prying off the top cover gently with a flathead screwdriver.

2. Locate and Remove Screws: Once the top cover is off, you should see screws at the front and sides of the console. Remove these screws to free up the console.

3. Check for Obstructions: With the screws removed, carefully lift the console to check for any obstructions or debris that might be causing the drawer to stick. Sometimes, small objects can get lodged in the track.

4. Inspect the Track: If you can access the track, inspect it for any visible damage or misalignment. You might need a flashlight to see clearly.

5. Lubricate the Track: If the track looks fine but the drawer is still stuck, try applying a small amount of lubricant to the track to help it move more smoothly.

6. Reassemble the Console: Once you’ve addressed the issue, reassemble the console by reversing the steps you took to remove it.

Nevermind, I fixed it, I used a hammer to pry out the drawer with leverage and fixed the issue.

The previous owners had spilt soda into the center console, causing it to stick and dry with the bottom drawer half open; I took it out, and cleaned the area thoroughly inside and out, now it works no problem.

This seems to be a running theme with the car, I don't think the previous owners cared about it very much, as when we got it, it was filled with trash, lost items, dirt, and missing a few smaller parts; again, the car runs near perfectly, it just has small issues throughout it, most of which have already been fixed.

That's great. I have to ask why you purchased a vehicle that was obviously not well-taken care of. Did you get it at an auction?