Lexus LS400 Paint Codes

I have a 1999 LS400 I recently purchased in excellent condition and low miles.  I need to touch up a scrape on the front bumper.  The Vin plate lists the color code as 941 Antque Sterling Metalic.  That is the only paint code on the plate.  The bumper seems to be a little different shade (cladding) but it could just be the lighting.  I know some cars have different cladding colors from the body, but they should list a different code.  Anybody have any insight about this.  I already ordered a paint kit that include what is necessary to paint both body and cladding using code 941.  Anyone have a two tone and the Vin plate shows the two different colors or am I good to go?  Thanks so much.

I have not had a two tone Lexus. If the colours look different under bright sun light and in shaded light, my suggestion would be to go to an auto specialty paint store and get them to colour match your front bumper. Otherwise you may end up having to paint the whole bumper to get it to match the body.

• 2 weeks later...

Look in the Certification sticker on the door jamb for the color code.

Untitled_359.jpg.b9236761b701c9dbc0e4a3204d1091b0.jpg

The "C" will be the body color code.  The "TR" will be the trim color code.  I believe the TR code is what you're looking for.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response.  I had all that information from the door sticker.  TR is for the interior color.  I thought the bumper and door cladding was a different color but have determined it is code 941 as well. Thanks to all.