Bleeding brakes on '05 es330

My daughter just inherited and ES 330 and the brakes are really soft. I've been taking care of the brakes on my Dodge truck for years but no nothing about working on a Lexus. Is the procedure the same as always- start with the farthest wheel, insert hose into bottle with fluid to avoid air in the system, open the valve, pump brake until fluid starts coming out without bubbles and clean, close the valve move on to most likely driver side. Is there a certain type of brake fluid or is Lucas DOT3 fine? 

It is risky to bleed by manually pumping the brake pedal, as the master cylinder piston travel will be much further than for normal braking. This can result in piston seal damage and an ineffective braking action. I learned this the hard way. Popular Mechanics magazine had an article about this, many years ago.

As such, I would recommend using a Motive Bleeder with an adapter to fit the Lexus. No manual pumping of the brake pedal is required.
I believe the sequence is:
Rear left, rear right, front right, and front left. Jack up the car and begin with the rear left wheel, then work your way through the other wheels.

Also, I don't know if the ABS module needs to be cycled, as it does in many late-model vehicles.