Navigation heat/ac issue.

Hello everyone, I have a 2000 GS400 with Navigation. The Automatic climate controll buttons at the top of the Navigation screen don't work. Also, when I press the climate button on the Navigation screen the set cabin temperature and outside temperature aren't displayed and I can't use the manual overrides on the touch screen.   I did try unhooking the battery overnight to “reset “ things but it didn’t change anything. 

On 7/10/2024 at 5:48 AM, Johnny T said:

Anyone had this issue?

Here are a few steps you can try:

1. Battery Reset: You’ve already attempted this, but let’s make sure we do it correctly. Disconnect the battery for approximately 15 minutes to perform a hard reset. This can sometimes resolve electronic glitches.

2. Check Fuses and Connections: Inspect the fuses related to the climate control system in both the engine compartment and under the dash. Additionally, check the wires and connectors behind the radio and climate control unit.

3. ECU Reset: Some Lexus owners have reported success by resetting the Engine Control Unit (ECU). You can do this by disconnecting the battery or pulling the ECU fuse in the engine bay. The ECU stores learned settings, and a reset can sometimes resolve issues.

4. Climate Control Panel Inspection: If the above steps don’t work, it’s possible that the heater control panel has shorted out. This could explain the blank screen and the blower not operating. You may need to have the control panel checked by a professional

• 2 weeks later...