05 Lexus RX 330 |Rear Hatch not closing

I'm sure this has been discussed. Can you tell me which post to find that discusses this? Replaced struts, opens fine but sporadically will not go down after down sound has indicated it is about to go down. Just moves a little down and then goes back up.

1. Check the Door Gaskets: Sometimes, soft or sticky door gaskets can cause the hatch to sense resistance and behave erratically. Applying seal lubricant or ArmorAll to the seals might help.

2. Inspect for Interference: Something might be interfering with the hatch. For instance, if you have a net in the hatch area (usually part of a trim package), it could slide under the door and jam it. Make sure there’s no obstruction.

3. Power Rear Door ECU: If the issue persists, consider checking the Power Rear Door ECU (part number 89222-0E011). Lexus introduced this part to address rear hatch problems in RX 330 models

LOL. I was about to go to the local junkyard today to get a replacement hatch motor and was directed to check out your response first. Divine timing! <><

Thanks for the tip on the ECU. I see it has been substituted with the 89222-0E012 Multiplex Network Door Computer.

So I went out to the Lexy and tried it one more time before I left for the junkyard and ...... it was functioning correctly.

I wonder if it's the outdoor temperature that affects the ECU? We have a black RX330 so I imagine it gets pretty hot back there.

I'm not going to replace the motor. I'm going to see if there is a pattern with the heat affecting functioning up or down., I might try switching the module with a junkyard buy and see if it makes a difference. But only if it acts inconsistently in moderate temps.

Thanks, Dave!

P.S. I already replaced the struts which corrected the "up/open" function. It is the "down/close" function that is the issue.