Factory Telephone Cradle Mount

braden.clark

Hello all, I recently bought a 2000 LS400 that came with the factory telephone in the center console. The phone cradle is not screwed into anything. I see the 4 holes where the screws are supposed to go into, and I have the screws (or at least 3 of them), but when I try to screw the cradle in, the screws don’t screw into anything. Is there a part that I’m missing? Maybe some kind of backing plate? I can’t seem to figure out how to get into the cavity behind the screw holes either.

I’ve tried looking at all the diagrams I could find, and used Google to the best of my ability, but to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.

Edited by braden.clark
Phrase removed

1. Backing Plate or Bracket:

• Some factory-installed phone cradles require a backing plate or bracket behind the console to provide stability and support for the screws.
    • Check if there’s a separate backing plate or bracket that should be attached to the backside of the center console. If it’s missing, that could explain why the screws won’t hold.
  2. Accessing the Cavity:

You may want to call the dealership parts department and ask if they still have access to the assembly images and part numbers. If not, check the internet for a service manual in pdf or hard copy form.

Thank you, I didn't realize the upper console tray could be pried out. I figured there had to be a way in because there'd be wiring running through it, but I didn't want to break anything. I'll take a look at those diagrams again to see if I can find any sort of bracket if it's not there when I get it open.

I appreciate your help!