TX 350 spare tire

anaab

I see the tray and jack/tools under the rear cargo floor, just wondering if anyone has taken the trouble to pull everything out and see how difficult it is to remove the spare.

And yes, I'm just being lazy at this point.

15 hours ago, anaab said:

I see the tray and jack/tools under the rear cargo floor, just wondering if anyone has taken the trouble to pull everything out and see how difficult it is to remove the spare.

And yes, I'm just being lazy at this point.

Most punctures are tiny and can be easily fixed on the spot with sealant and an air compressor.

Not that flats are happening as often today as 30 years ago; I have had no punctures the last very many years but still have a bottle of Quadboss sealant that can close holes long enough to get car to a place where a new tyre can be installed. The good thing with that sealant that is used on cars racing in deserts is that it is easily washed off with just water and not making a complete mess out of everything when tyre is taken off like sealants with latex. Latex on clothes mean new clothes and latex on tools mean several hours to get rid of the sticky thing. The sealant from Lexus is the stupidly sticking latex type.

Why do I know it is good when not having had a flat for so many years? I have used it on mountain bike where I have had holes from thorns and lava several times a week. Never had to walk home, never had to fix a tiny hole in the tyres, never had to change tyre out in the mountains here.

So if you are lazy (so am I) sealant is the thing to use for most flats.

Important is that after pouring the sealant in the tyre you should drive 50 – 60 km/h for 5 minutes to have the sealant spread around evenly in the tyre and after that control air pressure.

https://www.amazon.com/QuadBoss-Tire-Sealant-Gallon-0849/product-reviews/B000WK454K

https://www.midwesttraction.com/store/c2294/tire-sealants/p46972/quadboss-tire-sealant-32-oz-atv--utv--530850/