2007 Lexus 400h.....is there a way to turn off the VSC?

VSC is an acronym for vehicle stability control; it is found in Toyota and Lexus cars. It functions to keep the car under control in harsh conditions when driving or cornering.  VSC helps regulate engine speed and brake to avoid skidding.

Neutral doesn't work? I'm not sure why you would want to disable VSC.

normally you wouldn't want to disable it  however in Montana if you are stopped on an icy on-ramp sloped upwards and no spin engaged you are not able to move upwards and you cannot simply back down as there is traffic behind you.  there are many situations such as this where it needs to be disabled and in fact almost all cars with this allow you to disable it. 2007 400H does not appear to be one of them.

Hello Lexus lovers, I drive a 2003 RX 300 and the VSC has saved me from several accidents in snow and ice storms in New Hampshire!  He is bullet proof! I can get out of my driveway in 8" of snow! My 2003 RX 300 has 246,000 miles; his navigation and cd player stopped working and his VSC and check engine light are on (we believe it is the gas filler neck pin hole that is causing this). I was advised not to spend the money to drop the gas tank and put another $$$$ into it... Why in heaven did Lexus stop making the RX300 line!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!! There is no other vehicle on the market that can hold a candle to the RX 300 line! Combined, I have nearly 500,000 miles on my two 300's and never once have they let me down!  I love the RX 300 line; the RX 350 pales... it is very challenging to use the tech package and they don't have the ARM RESTS LIKE THE RX 300 HAS.   I want to buy SEVERAL RX 300'S.......... anyone selling? I will pay for shipping!   My 2001 RX 300 with navigation was phenomenal for 286,000 miles!!! It took me two years to find my current 2003 RX 300! I bought him out of state, unseen with ~125K miles.... he is amazing!! Thank you! LET'S BRING BACK THE RX 300 LINE!!!