CarPlay Connection Error

I installed 17.3, works sometime. Went to Lexus of Louisville again on 2-15-24. The intake manager told me it is a problem that Apple needs to fix and they are aware of it. 
My message to someone continues to read. What do you want before types in what I say. Sometimes it doesn’t even send it. Just a shame That you have a luxury vehicle with a subpar CarPlay.

• Like 1

When I told my sales person about some of my issues, he told me I should get a new phone! I think he was trying to be funny, but he wasn’t. I don’t think Lexus people would ever admit that it’s their problem, and not Apple’s!

On 2/16/2024 at 6:05 PM, Debbir said:

I installed 17.3, works sometime. Went to Lexus of Louisville again on 2-15-24. The intake manager told me it is a problem that Apple needs to fix and they are aware of it. 
My message to someone continues to read. What do you want before types in what I say. Sometimes it doesn’t even send it. Just a shame That you have a luxury vehicle with a subpar CarPlay.

Same thing.. so Lexus/Apple are pointing fingers at each other??

I just updated latest version on my iPhone and today my NX said there was a software update.  So far , nothing has changed.  

I went thru entire process of ‘forgetting ‘ and re-pairing etc.  it really seemed like it was going to work — but no.  It does connect - use for phone - and - use for media - but when I ask it to call someone, it just looks like it calls  my own  phone number then hangs up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same issue with my NX350H today. 

• I Installed IOS 17.4 recently. 

• started the car

• no automatic connection with my iPhone.

• went to “Manage Devices”

• selected my iPhone

• selected “Connect”

• screen faded out for a full minute 

• then the “CarPlay Connection Error” displayed in a gold/yellow text box.

interestingly, BEFORE I selected “Connect” in “Manage Devices”, I checked the Bluetooth connection status on my iPhone and saw “connected” beside the Lexus. But as soon as I selected “Connect”, my iPhone’s Bluetooth connection reverted to “not connected”.

This is not the first time I’ve had connection failures. 

I am not pleased. 

IMG_8607.jpeg

IMG_8608.jpeg

IMG_8601.jpeg

IMG_8602.jpeg

I hear ya! Usually when I turn the car off and open the door and pretend I’m getting in for the first time… I guess I’m trying to fool my car… It connects. I actually have my first service next month and they asked if there’s any concerns that I have, and I told them yes… The electronics are very glitchy. And I told him about the gas gauge disappearing and about the CarPlay connections not working some of the time. I’m sure there’s nothing that they will be able to do but at least I’ll have gotten it off my chest! 

We have a 2022 NX350h and from day 1 we've had carplay problems. It pairs about half the time, and reading or sending messages using siri we get a garbled message 'it says, it says it says' over and over again. Can't send or read messages using siri. We've been taking it in to the dealership, first to their IT department, now to the service department. No resolution and we've had the car almost 2 years. Its beyond frustrating. Wish I'd never traded my car to get this new improved one!

• Like 1