Rear door emblem touchless sensitivity

Go to solution Solved by coastk9,

Hi. It's actually Aug. 2023. If moderator needs to move this to a more up to date forum, please do. I am reading here that it is possible to change sensitivity on RX 350 rear door touchless emblem. It works intermittently, and I am careful about hand position. I know how to get to it, Some imply that it is changeable to more sensitivity and they've done so. Some that only the dealer can adjust it. I'm quite comfortable around electronics and wiring. Can anyone post how to change from the normal sensitivity to increase it to medium or high. I am drivin a previously owned 2019 F Sport. Love it. Thanks.

• Solution

After reading all the different forums out there I learned about the computer scanner  and program called CARISTA.  It's a plug in to the driver's underside dash computer connector.  Do the search for it on line.   I've been in contact with the manufacturer specifically about my 2019 RX 350.  The answer is YES, this device and their downloadable app ,for both apple phones and android phones, has the ability to change the sensitivity on the rear hatch emblem for the touchless rear door opening process.  Here;s the reply from CARISTA from my inquiry:   
We do have the following customizations for the model of your vehicle:
Power rear hatch emblem sensor
Power rear hatch emblem sensor sensitivity 
(this is the change we're discussing here)
For more info on supported features, you may check here:   https://caristaapp.com/en/supported-cars/lexus/rx/4th-gen 

As of Aug. 2023 the prices are $40 for the plug in computer adapter...this reads the Lexus computer and sends results to your cell phone via wifi.  
The downloadable app for the phone (that reads out the instructions and trouble codes that can be adjusted) is $10 for 1 month usage, 3 months for $20, 1 year for $50.  Since I'd have to drive 90 min each way to a Lexus dealer, AND, because I purchased used, the dealer would be charging me at least 1 hr.   This all makes it a no brainer for me to purchase for a month, to make the sensitivity adjustment, and just see what else the RX 350 is doing. 

NOTE: I DO NOT WORK FOR CARISTA...JUST A FRUSTRATED RX 350 OWNER.  NO MATTER WHERE I SEARCHED I COULD NOT GET ANY INFO ON HOW TO CHANGE THAT EMBLEM OPTION.   SO, THERE IT IS!   :)