Brake Light On Dash Is Going On And Off?

shicks

Are you talking about the red 'BRAKE' light keep going on and off irregularly? If so, you need to check the level of your brake fluid, or check the condition of the ABS sensor. The 'BRAKE' light has nothing to do with your brake pads.

Are you talking about the red 'BRAKE' light keep going on and off irregularly?  If so, you need to check the level of your brake fluid, or check the condition of the ABS sensor.  The 'BRAKE' light has nothing to do with your brake pads.

Thank you, I had her check the brake fluid, she said it was at the MIN mark.

I hope it is safe to drive.

Steve

Add the proper brake fluid to the reservoir.

Toyota and Lexus float switches are very sensitive and even though the fluid level may still be between the min and max lines, the level of the fluid can still trip the level switch thus triggering the BRAKE light.

It has been this way for a long time. Very sensitve switches, especially when going around corners.

steviej

the ebrake is also connected to the same light.

Josh, sounds like you got a loose connection and or the cable is very tight on you ebrake.

If the light is not on when the ebrake is off, I wouldn't be concerned. There is a way to loosen up the cable a little.

steviej

the ebrake is also connected to the same light.

Josh, sounds like you got a loose connection and or the cable is very tight on you ebrake.

If the light is not on when the ebrake is off, I wouldn't be concerned.  There is a way to loosen up the cable a little.

steviej

the ebrake cable is ANYTHING but tight, i think the connection is loose. the light comes on when i hit a bump at certian times or if i turn...