Tire pressure monitors

RB48

I just purchased a 2005 sc430 and the seller says it "has tire pressure sensors".  I see on the forum that several talk about their tire sensors but I think my car has an after market monitor.  There are sensors on the tires BUT the seller says you "have to plug this into the cigarette lighter".  It then shows the pressure on all the tires.  Totally after market in my opinion.    Did the 2005 have an option for tire sensors?

• 1 month later...

My 2002 SC430 has factory tire pressure sensors. I believe that all models after that have them too.

The give away will be the dash warning lights. When you turn the key one notch, all of the warning lights should come one. Look for a warning light for low pressure. The tire sensors are battery powered. They need to be replaced approximately every 10 years. Once replaced, I recommend having the Lexus dealer program the computer to properly read the sensors.

My 2003 had tire sensors and warning light was on. Searched how to disconnect it and problem solved. I'm not running run flat tires anyway so I just do it the old fashion way.