96 Es300 Power Antenna

jaddanki

HI I bought a LEXUS ES300 96. The power antenna does not go up and down. when I switch on the radio..it makes some loud motor winding noise but the antenna doesnt go up and down..can any one suggest me what should I do...

Happened to me last spring, sounds like you need to replace it. Not that tough of a job. I bought my replacement off of ebay for about $20.00. The install took about a half hour.

Most likely the plastic track inside the antenna broke apart inside the motor. What i did is took the entire assembly out of my car.

1. Take out of car. (Usually held on with a few bolts.)

2. Unscrew cover the to the motor housing.

3. Locate the piece of track that is broken off inside.

4. Put on the new antenna. You will probably see that the instructions say to turn ON the radio, and then feed the new antenna track attached to the metal antenna down into the motor.

Then turn the radio OFF and let the plastic track slide into the motor.

This should pretty much take care of it.

Im sure there is a site with better instructions on it, when i bought the antenna off of ebay it came with online tech support.

Hope this helps

Chris

at least your motor makes noicse, mine doesnt even do that LOL.

Yeah i dont know if you ahve checked out ebay, but they usually have the entire motor and mast assembly for like 24.95, if you look around then you will definetly get a good one on there. Thats what i did with my es250.

Chris

at least your motor makes noicse, mine doesnt even do that LOL.

Yeah i dont know if you ahve checked out ebay, but they usually have the entire motor and mast assembly for like 24.95, if you look around then you will definetly get a good one on there. Thats what i did with my es250.

Chris

man, i have spent so much on school and keeping this car running (just spent $340 on front brakes, only to find out it needs a steering rack too...$1300!!!) that i dont have even $20 to put in my gas tank, and that the truth, im living payday to payday...but when i come into some decent cash again, i will look into it, besides, its not so bad having the antenna standing straight up.

HI I bought a LEXUS ES300 96. The power antenna does not go up and down. when I switch on the radio..it makes some loud motor winding noise but the antenna doesnt go up and down..can any one suggest me what should I do...

Happened to me last spring, sounds like you need to replace it. Not that tough of a job. I bought my replacement off of ebay for about $20.00. The install took about a half hour.

Most likely the plastic track inside the antenna broke apart inside the motor. What i did is took the entire assembly out of my car.

1. Take out of car. (Usually held on with a few bolts.)

2. Unscrew cover the to the motor housing.

3. Locate the piece of track that is broken off inside.

4. Put on the new antenna. You will probably see that the instructions say to turn ON the radio, and then feed the new antenna track attached to the metal antenna down into the motor.

Then turn the radio OFF and let the plastic track slide into the motor.

This should pretty much take care of it.

Im sure there is a site with better instructions on it, when i bought the antenna off of ebay it came with online tech support.

Hope this helps

Chris

Thanx guys. I will try buying on ebay and replace it myself..