Ac Clutch Bearings?

Hello guys (gals)

I have a 95 SC 300 5spd. with about 110K. The car has been a rock until now, no major problems. However, just recently I noticed a rough bearing like noise coming from the endine 'area'. Is hard to tell where its coming from exactly but u canhear like a bad bearings. I originally thought it was the bearings of the main pulley but someone told me its most likely the bearing of the AC clutch.

Have any of u guys had to change this? Any of you guys experienced this noise Im talking about? If so, how expensive is to fix this...how much is the part?

I think it is the bearings from the AC clutch because when I turn on the AC the noise stops. But when its not being used then it sound like a bicycle that needs grease...

Any info greatly appreciated! My main concern is how much this crap costs, cos u know, this world is all about $$ ;)

Hehe

i changed one out on my previa van its about 120 bucks i think. you need a compressor clutch holder tool to take the main bolt off and snap ring pliers to take the rest of the clutch off. its fairly simple, and most likely you can and have to do it on car so you dont have to discharge gas.

oh yea just to test it try take off the components belt and spin the clutch. it could also be that the clutch is worn out and thats whats making the noise and not the bearing. thats what was up with mine. and you should change it out as soon as possible because i had a friend that had a clutch bearing lock up on him and it ripped the front of the compressor off where the clutch rides on.

:D Well, decided to take the car to the mechs because I dont have any tools and Im not good at that stuff, so i fixed it for about $200 whichw asnt bad.. It was actually the baring that had gone bad surprisingly, but I replaced the whole clutch. Im glad I replaced it soon because it was in bad shape and it was only sounding for like 3 days and it would sound on and off....

So guys, if youhear this take to mechs ASAP because yes, your can cat suffer greater damage if u ride like that for too long. Thank God nothing serious happened and my baby is back in action!

THanks for the help!