Need Help With This Nakamichi Audio System!

alexxx

Hi,

I own a '99 RX300, all stock. I'd like to know what exactly does the NAKAMICHI system consist of. I understand it has 6 or 7 speakers, but does it have an amplifier i don't know about. I was thinking of replacing 4 main speakers (front/back) with component speakers and adding a subwoofer. WHat will i need to consider before doing this, or is it as simple as it sounds?

Thanks

it has 6 speakers and a small, small sub...i have had the high/mid speakers changed out to infinity kappas and added some jl audio 10s out back. there's a factory amp but i don't recall where it was at...i had to have them install a line level converter? that thing where it takes your speaker level outputs and converts it to rcas...it wasn't a lot of work for me, i just paid some shop to do it all...hahaha...hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...
it has 6 speakers and a small, small sub...i have had the high/mid speakers changed out to infinity kappas and added some jl audio 10s out back. there's a factory amp but i don't recall where it was at...i had to have them install a line level converter? that thing where it takes your speaker level outputs and converts it to rcas...it wasn't a lot of work for me, i just paid some shop to do it all...hahaha...hope that helps

as you already probably know that its difficult or maybe impossible to replace the radio because of the built in ac controls connected to it. But you can replace the factory door speakers and add a sub using your factory Nakamichi radio. Nakamichi is a good brand(in my opinion). If you replace your speakers and add a sub, make sure you also replace you OEM sub located underneath the front passenger seat.

• 2 weeks later...

do you know how to remove the door speakers. The speaker appears to have a built in cover, but when I try to remove it, it appears to be fake. I don't want to start prying at it. Do you have to remove the entire door panel?