Vsc Off! No Traction.

Hi, my 2000 GS400 had its battery disconnected for about a month. When I started the car, the VSC OFF sign came on and right next to it was the VSC sign. Both those signs were on. The VSC sign indicated VCS was active but right next to it was VSC OFF. I know it is off though because I cannot even turn a corner without screeching tires and I cannot floor it without peeling out. How can I get my traction to work? Thanks

The "VSC" lamp does not indicate activity of the system when it remains lit while the car is not moving. It is an indicator of a fault in the VSC system. Naturally when a problem is detected, the "VSC Off" lights as well. You might try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and reconnecting it again. Your problem may be a fluke.

I have to wonder for what reason your battery was disconnected for an extended period. If you were having work done to the car, especially involving any of the hubs, wheels, or brakes, this might be related.

If you continue to experience problems after disconnecting/reconnecting the battery and you are sure no work was done on any part relating to the brake/drivetrain systems, you will need to have the problem diagnosed with a scantool.