Re Skperformance's Faq's

dockerguy

I just bought a '93 ES300 with 109K miles and was advertised as mint. I did your HVAC troubleshooting test and got a code 21. Can you please tell me what this means? Everything seems to work properly, however.

Thanks in advance for you help.

P.S. While driving down the freeway yesterday, in the fastest lane, I could hear and intermittent high pitched sound bouncing off the divider wall of the freeway. It sounded like it may have been coming from the brakes or maybe a belt. It wasn't all that loud and I didn't hear it on my return trip. Any ideas?

Their is a complete list of codes in the general maintance section for the hvac codes.

But 21 is the solar sensor which will always go off if you test it without direct bright light. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks for the info! It was in the garage when I tested it. I love this car so far, except it seems to be drinking a lot of gas and there is a clunk in the left rear when I hit a bump or pot hole at over 20. It was a Beverly Hills car and I can't imagine anyone there abusing it, but...

Thanks again!