Bfi

blueviol

I am wondering if I can adopt BFI still keeping my K&N cone air filter. I presume more air is better and the car is capable of controlling the air/fuel mixture rate.

Has anyone worked around the right side air inlet (right next to the right side fog) that gets air to the right front wheel and on Supra TT, to the intercooler, to feed the air? I have seen the BFI people have worked on deals with bending and clipping the air guide (rather air blocker in its original purpose) inside the center grille. I think the side air inlet can get enough air at speed. Will it unbalance the aerodynamics of the car? well...like it will be driven at that kind of speed anyways.

Oh, the original airbox gets air from there as well.

Any thoughts on this?

The optimum place for the intake feed will be where pressure is greatest that way you get more air into the intake. Most of the time, this will be where forward-most part of the car meets the air first and in this case, it SHOULD be on the bumper. I honestly dont know as i havent tested it on this car. By pulling it from outside the engine bay it will be colder, but you wouldnt get as much air into it if you would have pulled it from the point of the highest pressure. Let me know if thats not making any sense. You can use your K&N if you can fit it inside your stock air box and it make take some working, but it should work. Benefits would be having a heat shield around your intake. It shouldnt affect your aerodynamics unless you put a huge scoop under the car or on top of the hood.