How To Remove The Engine Under Cover In 2000 Es?

dt888

I have a 2000 ES 300 and would like to drain the radiator and replace the coolant with the new Toyota super long life antifreeze/coolant. The problem I have is how to remove the engine under cover in order to get to the radiator drain valve. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

You need a metric Allen wrench (forget what size it is) to remove the 3 screws holding the engine cover.  After you remove the screws, untwist the "L" emblem on the engine cover, and now you should be able to take the cover off.

I think that dt888 is talking about the shield that covers the lower part of the engine, not the engine cover.

You need a metric Allen wrench (forget what size it is) to remove the 3 screws holding the engine cover.  After you remove the screws, untwist the "L" emblem on the engine cover, and now you should be able to take the cover off.

I think that dt888 is talking about the shield that covers the lower part of the engine, not the engine cover.

Maybe there are other ways (other than removing the shield that covers the lower part of the engine) to get to the radiator drain valve. Any advises? Thank much.