2004 Rx330 Blue Metallic

candycat

2 days after we bought the car, my husband took it back to dealership in JM Lexus Margate, Florida because it had spots on hood and everywhere. They waxed it again, btw-do not have a record of this-and we left Florida for NJ. I reponded to survey about not being able to get car clean after numerous waxings. I was told that after it rains I must quickoly dry it since acid rain, saltwater, well water, sprinkler water may have gotten on it. Wow everything is sure covered isnt it? My neighbors Lexus in black looks great and my other neighbor has dark burgendy, it looks great. My sons Mercedes which he leaves outside at condo always looks great too. $40K for a car that always looks dirty and no one can help, they just blame us for acid rain, etc. I wish I was told this when I bought car. JM Lexus in Margate told us to bring it in when we get back to Florida, in December, and tyhey will detail it but they want us to sign off on it and say we will not complain about it anymore. Is this how they work. I called customer service and they were not much help either. What should I do? Thank you very much

Probably what you're dealing with is the very same waterspots that have never been removed. Waxing alone won't remove waterspots, it will protect against new ones but it won't remove spots that are already etched into the clear. Some paints allow etching to occur easier than others but the actual spotting should be the same, and that is caused more by the type of wax or sealant used on the car than the paint. Dealerships are really clueless about detailing and probably have no idea how to remove those waterspots.

That said you need to figure out whether the waterspots are just on the surface or if they've etched into the clear. If they're on the surface then they can be removed with a 50/50 mix of Isopropyl Alcohol and water or with a claybar. If they're etched into the paint these steps wont work and the paint will have to be compounded to remove them.

Check out the detailing forum for more info. If you're not interested in learning how to and detailing the car yourself I'd reccomend you ask around and find a good detailer to take care of it on a regular basis. I can reccomend detailers both in FL and in NJ for you. As long as you keep it clean and well protected you shouldn't have any more problems with spotting after these spots are removed.