Filter

metaspace

I guess its a time to change the cabin filter in my 98es300. In summer when I turn on the A/C it smells really stale, kinda smell you get in fungus or mold, but after running for a while its ok. Just want to know if anyone replaced the cabin filter?

Let me know if it can be done at home also the instructions how to?

I guess its a time to change the cabin filter in my 98es300. In summer when I turn on the A/C it smells really stale, kinda smell you get in fungus or mold, but after running for a while its ok. Just want to know if anyone replaced the cabin filter?

Let me know if it can be done at home also the instructions how to?

Changing this filter will not guaranty that you won't get the stale, moldy, smell out of your car. They sell chemicals that are sprayed inside the ducts to kill the mold which is what your smelling. Read more about it here> http://autorepair.about.com/cs/heatingac/a/aa071601a.htm

Thanks amf1932

That article was really helpful, will try lysol, the cheapest method.

Don't mean to be an a$$, but more then likely your 98 will NOt have the filter. Mine did not have one and I asked another guy at work, and nope not there.

What I do, is every 6-months I use my Alpine Air house Unit (has ozone) and turn it (ozone) on high and place the unit in the car for about 20 minutes. Kills all the mold, bacteria, etc....No smell in the car at all....works great.