1996 Lexus Es 300

jaddanki

I just bought a 1996 LEXUS ES 300 with 77K on it (single Owner) . Runs excellent. I forgot to ask the owner about the Timing belt replacement. Have you got any Idea when is the necessity to change the Timing belt @ 77 K. He did not give me the manual to look for the Maintenance schedule. also any input about the critical maintainance (if necessary) tips at this mileage would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the LOC forum. Normally for timing belt replacements on a Lexus, they are done at the 90K mile mark, so you do not need to worry about it at this moment. Do you have info on any previous maintenance history done on your car? That should help you determine what work needs to be done and at what priority.

You should esp. look into and see if the 60K service was done yet. You can do that by calling up your local Lexus dealership service dept. and politely ask them to pull up the service history on your car. They will ask for your VIN #, which is all they need. All Lexus dealerships across the US keep a national database of all cars' service histories, so they are accessible by any dealership.