Help Problem With Just Bought 98 Gs 300

Hey guys!! I'm new to the club and I need some help, Just bought a 98 GS 300 3 weeks ago. Everything has been great until yesterday. I was driving normally applied pressure to the gas and all the warning lights on my dash lit up!! :cries: I came to a stop light and when I tried pulling off, I applied pressure to the gas and nothing happened! I cut the car off and cut it back on and then it started working normal again but a while later a could feel a major decrease in power. I was stuggling to get to 30mph and then it went back to normal. Any ideas!!??? Please help :cheers:

Ideas, yes. Most likely, you need a throttle position sensor. You need to get it hooked up to a scan tool and check the computer for codes. If no codes are found, the TPS can be checked for proper operation with the scan tool.

Ideas, yes. Most likely, you need a throttle position sensor. You need to get it hooked up to a scan tool and check the computer for codes. If no codes are found, the TPS can be checked for proper operation with the scan tool.

Thanks for the help. I'll have it hooked up and checked out. :cheers: