Hard Work

Em91

Hello everybody. I have a 91 ls400. I just wanted everybody to know that I put the new gaskets on my rear cross over pipe and what a pain that was. I actually saw my starter and was able to touch it. Well for anybody wanting to change there starters beware. This is a difficult job but, not impossible. You need alot of patience and time. Today I did my motor mounts. The tranny mount is really easy, it only take 30 minutes. The front passenger one is also easy maybe an hour. The difficult one is the one on the drivers side. I did manage to get it off without removing the rack. I removed the oil filter, several line that were in the way and I also took off the high pressure and low pressure line off the rack & pinion. Taking off the rack & pinion lines made a big difference. I took the mount directly off the block and jacked up the engine. The mount came off easy and the new one went in easy. This mount took approximately 2 and a half hours. :D