Crankshaft Pulley

92Lex

Thanks.

I finally got the bolt out by bump starting it. I have another problem now...how can I keep the crankshaft from rotating while I tighten the bolt? The bump start works to remove the bolt but Im stuck on doing the reverse. Ive already tried using the harmonic balancer puller I rented from autozone to keep the pulley from rotating. Any suggestions?

I used a strap wrench when I changed my timing belt. As far as bump starting it off, you need to get some advise from some other source, all you are going to do is tear things up. try and put a screwdriver tru the balancer up against the block and see if you can get it to grab anything but be carefull about scratching any gasket surfaces. Or install the puller with the large pulling bolt removed, run a bar thru the other bolts and up againts the frame, use that to keep the crank from turning, you'll have to use a wrench instead of a socked to get to the crank bolt.

Too late for getting the advice part because I already cranked it for a second and the bolt came loose with no problems. I already tried sticking the screwdriver like you suggested and also removing the big bolt that goes through the middle of the balancer, I was able to still use my wrench and socket though...I just ran an extension through the balancer.