New Gs3 Owner Needs To Get Down To Business

1st. I like to say what’s up to all of the GS3/4 owners in here and to everyone in general. After about a year of hunting for the right one I recently found my Spectra mica blue GS 300. Now that I have it I am looking to set it off right with some nice but subtle upgrades.

Being fixated on getting one I went out and purchased a set or Lowenhart 20” wheels almost a year ago when I started my search. They look great on the car but they were originally for a LS400 series and although I don’t have any real problems with them I am looking for some other nice 20’s to replace them.

Browsing the site for several months now I have to say that I have seen some of the PHATEST GS3’s ever on here and its inspiring me with some many ideas for my car. If everyone doesn’t mind I would like to list some of the items that I have seen on the forum and if you guys and girls could let me know what the proper names are, where to possibly get them and or links to examples. That being said here are some of the items on my wish list.

1. Lip over the top of the rear glass (what is it and where to get it)

2. Rear wings (I like the stock but any other different styles out there)

3. Front spoilers (not to drastic just clean and nice)

4. Any standard to NAV conversions (very interested in doing)

5. Audio upgrades

6. Changing of rear exhaust tips (not full exhaust systems)

7. Blue lights for the 2 running lights on the hood

8. Head light replacements from the dealer (little fog... big deal or not)

9. 2JZ-GTE conversions. (I have a Supra TT and was smirking at the idea of trading parts when I do some more upgrades to it but I don’t see that happening any time soon. I just think its awesome to see powerhouse GS’s)

10. GS’s on 20’s. I would like to see some more pics of GS’s sitting nice on 20’s and the owners feelings toward them (ride, problems, likes and dislikes) I’ve seen the 18”s and 19” which look so tight but being in south Florida where the roads are somewhat decent I am kinda fixated on the dubs.

Sorry for making this such a long post but I wanted to introduce myself and get some input at the same time.

Thanks in advance everyone.

DDBrown

Hey DD - welcome to the club buddy ;)

just got a GS 430 Sport myself, so have been doing some browing too.

I am based in the UK, so can't offer too much, but can help with these bits.

Try the following sites

Roof Spoilers on Lextasy.com

Some rear wings on the bottom on this page

Lots of body kits, front and rear spoliers, and roof spoilers at l-tunedparts.com

Exhausts @ l-tunedparts (I really like this dual exit kit)

Some exhausts @ lextasy

hope these help you ;)

1. Lip over the top of the rear glass (what is it and where to get it)

2. Rear wings (I like the stock but any other different styles out there)

3. Front spoilers (not to drastic just clean and nice)

4. Any standard to NAV conversions (very interested in doing)

5. Audio upgrades

6. Changing of rear exhaust tips (not full exhaust systems)

7. Blue lights for the 2 running lights on the hood

8. Head light replacements from the dealer (little fog... big deal or not)

9. 2JZ-GTE conversions. (I have a Supra TT and was smirking at the idea of trading parts when I do some more upgrades to it but I don’t see that happening any time soon. I just think its awesome to see powerhouse GS’s)

10. GS’s on 20’s. I would like to see some more pics of GS’s sitting nice on 20’s and the owners feelings toward them (ride, problems, likes and dislikes) I’ve seen the 18”s and 19” which look so tight but being in south Florida where the roads are somewhat decent I am kinda fixated on the dubs.

Sorry for making this such a long post but I wanted to introduce myself and get some input at the same time.

Thanks in advance everyone.

DDBrown

1. Roof spoilers. There are a number of these. The more popular names are L-Sportline, DSR, Tom's, Junction Produce, and UGO (discontinued, hard to find).

2. A consideration on the rear wing is the third brake light. By law you need to have this light so depending on where it is in your current car, make plans for the new wing accordingly.

3. Are you talking about just a lip or a full replacement bumper?

4. If you are talking about the OEM Nav, it has been done but it is a custom setup. Otherwise, you'd have to looking into aftermarket Nav liek Pioneer, Alpine, Kenwood, or Eclipse.

5. Audio upgrades are very subjective to the user's tastes so I'll leave this alone unless you have specific questions.

6. Tips are also subjective since it is purely decorative. You can get oval ones, larger round ones, ... What do you like?

7. Running lights on the hood? Are you talking about the full headlights? The parking lights? Daytime running lights? ...

8. Foggy headlights? If you are under warranty, do it. It is a pain to have Lexus replace headlights with condensation after the warranty expires.

9. Cool if you are up to it. :D

10. Here is my car on some iForged Techniks. Look at iForged wheels. Email me if you see something you like (neo.one@gmail.com). I don't sell them but I know someone who do.

3146IMG_2050s.jpg

I think 20s look perfect on a GS. I went from 16s to 18s to 20s. Ride quality is not like 16s but since you are already on 20s, you kind of know. Something you did not seem to mention is the drop. If you are riding on 20s, please drop the car or you will look like you are driving an SUV. Just my opinion. :) The ride quality/handling will be determined by your suspension also.

As for buying, l-tunedparts is definitely the first stop. I think Matthew gave you a link to them in his post.

This is a lot to answer in one post so I'll stop here. Feel free to come back with more specific questions and if I can help you, I will.

Thanks for the info guys. As far as the roof lip/spoiler I will find the link to a members ride in here somewhere that I like and if you wouldnt mind telling me the name of it. For the NAV setup I want to do the factory setup as I would like to mantain the factory feel of the interior.... for now. I love the factory rear wing but seeing your and some of the other rides it makes it so hard to settle on one design.... I guess I will have to see some in person to help me make up my mind. I am looking to place an order over at L-Tunes very soon.

By the way, your GS looks amazing.... Not to big up your head or anything lol but thats what I like seeing... Ultra clean tight rims and tires and still maintaining that elgant look.

I am trying to sift through the forums to locate some more pics of members rides. So if anyone else wouldnt mind throwing a pic of their ride or a link to it that would be cool.

The funny thing is that I found a link to a slide show gallery of various picture of members GS's and watched it like I was seeing star wars for the 1st time.

By the way, your GS looks amazing.... Not to big up your head or anything lol but thats what I like seeing... Ultra clean tight rims and tires and still maintaining that elgant look.

I am trying to sift through the forums to locate some more pics of members rides. So if anyone else wouldnt mind throwing a pic of their ride or a link to it that would be cool.

Thanks for the props. Don't worry about my ego. My buddies' cars are way ahead of me so I know where I stand. ;)

Here are more specs on my car to give you an idea of what you can do. Poke around the site and you can see some of my buddies' cars.

http://www.lexusgonewild.com/rides/pages/Neo.shtml

just got a GS 430 Sport myself, so have been doing some browing too.

Can't wait to see it. For awhile my car looked similar to yours. I had the same TTE lip and OZ wheels. I was missing the TTE grille.

Hey Neo... the front end of yor car is that an addition to the existing front bumper or one complete unit? One more question for you, do you have a complete suspension upgrade or just springs?

I did the fist mod to my ride this weekend and love the results. I did the DIY chrome grill but I didnt do the entire thing like the others I have seen. I only chromed the flat part of the verticle ribs. I will be posting pics soon to show the overall progress on my ride soon soon.

Does LOC have a certain section for pics of its members rides?

.... ooooh one more question... what is the correct offset for 20" rims on a GS300 with same size all around and well as staggered.

Hey Neo... the front end of yor car is that an addition to the existing front bumper or one complete unit?    One more question for you, do you have a complete suspension upgrade or just springs? 

I did the fist mod to my ride this weekend and love the results.  I did the DIY chrome grill but I didnt do the entire thing like the others I have seen.  I only chromed the flat part of the verticle ribs.  I will be posting pics soon to show the overall progress on my ride soon soon. 

Does LOC have a certain section for pics of its members rides?

.... ooooh one more question... what is the correct offset for 20" rims on  a GS300  with same size all around and well as staggered.

I have the TTE lip installed (as well as the L-Tuned sideskirts). It is the same one that comes standard with the UK's Sports version like what Matt has. The only difference is the UK ones has a "Lexus" sticker in front and the direct-bought one has a TTE sticker. There is a little indentation for the sticker. You don't see the sticker on my front lip since I had the indentation filled before painting it.

I am on Tein CS coilovers..

As for offset, there is no one good offset. There is a range you can get and you just pick how aggressive you want it to be. If you are too aggressive, you'll have to do some fender modification.

Here is a general good read for aftermarket tires/wheels info:

LGW wheel info

Sweet... again, thanks for all this info. Hopefully I will be able to get my GS looking right over the next week or 2. Oooh, by the way, anyone interested in a set of 20 X 9 Lowenhart/Bersaglio Wheels? If so let me know before I put them up on Ebay. Here is what they look like.

http://www.hartwheels.co.jp/bersaglio/cata...spoke2anime.gif

Thanks again guys.

I have the TTE lip installed (as well as the L-Tuned sideskirts).  It is the same one that comes standard with the UK's Sports version like what Matt has.  The only difference is the UK ones has a "Lexus" sticker in front and the direct-bought one has a TTE sticker.  There is a little indentation for the sticker.  You don't see the sticker on my front lip since I had the indentation filled before painting it.

small correction Neo - the sticker on mine reads 'Sport' - not Lexus.

Insignificant I know - but its a small detail that might help people who are going for the Euro look :blushing:

I have the TTE lip installed (as well as the L-Tuned sideskirts).  It is the same one that comes standard with the UK's Sports version like what Matt has.  The only difference is the UK ones has a "Lexus" sticker in front and the direct-bought one has a TTE sticker.  There is a little indentation for the sticker.  You don't see the sticker on my front lip since I had the indentation filled before painting it.

small correction Neo - the sticker on mine reads 'Sport' - not Lexus.

Insignificant I know - but its a small detail that might help people who are going for the Euro look :blushing:

Thanks for the correction. The pics I see are always so small, I just made the assumption. There were too many letters for TTE so I knew it was something else. ;)

Thanks for the correction.  The pics I see are always so small, I just made the assumption.  There were too many letters for TTE so I knew it was something else. ;)

no worries.

I'll try and get you some pics if you like mate

know that some guys over in the states go for the Euro look, and its the little touches that make it authentic

• 3 weeks later...
Sweet... again, thanks for all this info.  Hopefully I will be able to get my GS looking right over the next week or 2.  Oooh, by the way, anyone interested in a set of 20 X 9 Lowenhart/Bersaglio Wheels?  If so let me know before I put them up on Ebay.  Here is what they look like.

http://www.hartwheels.co.jp/bersaglio/cata...spoke2anime.gif

Thanks again guys.

I tried to email you and message you direct, but that was a no go. I am interested in the wheels if you still have them.

Chris

98gs300