Timing Belt Change Quote.

91LS4ME

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted a message, last message was posted before the server crash. I don't know if they were restored or not. But I've been religiously checking the boards for updates.

I got a quote from a local toyota dealer for timing belt change along with water pump.

Any opinions or suggestions before I get it changed?

Parts & Labor for t.b change + water pump $688 (+tax)

Parts & no additional labor for idler pully & tensioner $120 (+tax)

Peace of mind knowing my baby's good for another 100,000 miles $priceless (no tax)

Also debating whether I should also get the engine & tranny mounts changed at the same time, don't have a quote on it yet. But the car runs fairly smooth without the change.

Happy cruising.

:cheers:

Jay.

Thank you for your input agent 99.

I've owned this car for almost a year, yet haven't taken it to lexus dealer..

Would there be any difference in quality of work between, Lexus & toyota dealer? I know both would use same parts.

I don't have a lexus dealer in town.. closest one is hour & half. it would mean a day trip for the service, if they can get it done same day.

I also think they would be little more expensive than the local toyo dealer.

If the quality is that much different, I don't mind paying little extra or the long trip.

What's your opinion?

Jay.

If you take it to the lexus dealer, they should give you a loaner car for free. To do a timing belt change should take all day, so why not take a loaner and go home, and come back the next day. yea, I know its a hour and a half, total 3 hrs round trip, can you imagin waiting for your car to be fixed, and at the end of the day, they call you, and tell you, your car is not ready yet, come back tomorrow :chairshot: :censored: Lexus dealer wanted $1150 to change EGR pipe. my machanic friend to me forget it, It doesn't sound bad, and i had already passed my smog check a week ago.

Lexus dealer usually wash and waxs your car after they repair it. does your toyota dealership give you a loaner and clean your car for you. and would you need someone to pick you up after you drop your car off. :unsure: