Front End Noise

I have a 2003, GS300 Sport Design. Whether going over a bump, such as a dip in the road, or a speed bump, or making a turn from a stop, I hear an odd noise from the front end, not so much a rubbing sound, but more like something is bending. Has anyone experienced this sound? I am bringing the car into the dealer as a warranty item, and would like some feedback as to what it may be.

Thanks. Lou from Valencia, CA

I'll bet on a stabilizer bar bushing, ball joint, or a blown out shock. Ball joints, shocks, and stabilizer links create a rattling sound. Bushings may create a squeaking or a rubbing sound. Springs may rub in their seats creating a metallic squeaking, creaking, or rubbing sound.

I have a 2000 GS400 Platinum Edition with 77k. It's in perfect condition. Love the power and handling but have had a few suspension/tire/wheel problems. 17" Dunlops were getting flat spots after an hour of sitting. The dealer replaced all of the wheels expecting it to be a rim problem. Latest, having driver and passenger side (lower control arms) replaced...squeeking in the front end at low turning speeds. Also, replaced the driver-side window motor. Otherwise no probs...under warranty until 100k.