Shakes, Rattles, And Squeaks

artseattle

I almost love my 1998 SC400. I like it a lot but, I'm irritated with the little noises it makes. There is a plastic tapping sound that seems like it is coming from the defroster vents. When I stuck a towel in between the dashboard and the window I could mute the sound. Actually, the sound stopped after I removed the towel for a few days before returning? This sound occurs whenever I go over a bump. The car also makes a few clanging sounds that makes me think that it needs everything tightened.

So here's my question. Is there a type of place where I can take my car and have them track down and eliminate these sounds? I wish there was a place that could shake the car with some sort of machine.

When I brought the car to Lexus, of course, we couldn't get the car to make the sound! I haven't done a very systematic job of tracking down the sound. Any ideas about this?

Thanks.

i have recently been getting a light fluttering noise from my center vents. It only happens under braking and its only from 25 mph down to 5 mph. Does yours happen all the time? I havent taken it to the dealer, yet. but it is really starting to get to me.