Need Windshield Help

ashley

Last night when I was driving in the rain the rubber stripping on my passenger side windshield wiper came off. I had to continue driving with the wipers on for about 20 minutes. Today I noticed that the windshield look scratched. Is there any way possible I can get this off or is the damage permanent? It is pretty faint, however, I am trading in my car on Monday, when my new one arrives. I need to know what I should do..any input would be appreciated. Thanks-

ashley,

1 of two things can be done.

-Have the windshield replaced if you have glass on you insurance. If your deductable is $0, it won't cost you a thing.

-Go ahead with the trade in, sometimes they don't even look at the car. When I trade in mine all the negotiations were done and signed and my car to trade in wasn't even inspected by them. I had to bring it there the next day with the title.

They took the KBB trade in value off the web. I insisted they take an excellent rating = $3250, then wanted to give me a good rating (unseen) = $2750. We split the difference and they gave me $3000 for it.

SNOWCRAZY

Please refrain from typing in all CAPS, as it is viewed as rude on this and many other forums.

steviej

Thanks for your help, snow and stevie. I am just going to trade it in this afternoon. I hope they don't come and inspect again. They already did the paperwork and the used car manager already signed off on my trade in. They are giving me a poor price anyway...so they probably won't really care. I appreciate your input.-Ashley