Question About Cd Changer Install

ryjam282

I have a 1998 ES 300 and it didn't come with the cd changer in the glove box so I bought one off Ebay. I took the glove box out and hooked it up and it works fine. Now, my only question is, the glove box needs to be cut so the cd changer can stick out inside it properly. Can anyone help me on how to best do this? I don't want to screw it up yano. I am thinking that just the top half needs to be cut out but like I said, I don't want to screw it all up. Is there 2 different kinds of glove boxes, one for the changer and one without? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Yes, that panel in the glove box needs to be replaced. If you buying complete CD changer set, it's included. But if you bought used one, you have to get that panel. They are different because of interior color, so you'll need your trim color code when you'll order that panel from the dealer.

Thanks for the reply.

I need to replace the top panel as well as the glove box door correct? The changer I bought comes with the piece that goes over the front of it, I think that is the top half of the glove box when it is in. Do I just cut the top of the glove box I have now? Need a little more help, thanks again.

Ryan