2005 Es Radio

ashley

Hi Everyone! I have really enjoyed reading this forum and have gotten lots of useful information. I have just recently purchased a 2005 ES 330, which I am very excited about. It is due to arrive on Friday. My question is this: I had an XM receiver(detachable) and the XM service on my 1994 Lexus. I have removed the receiver, before trading in my car. Does the new radio in the Lexus come XM ready, where all I would have to do is subscribe? Or do I have to get the navigation system to include the xm ready radio. If not, I could just transfer the old receiver into the new lexus. I was just hoping Lexus had caught up with the times and was making radios that came XM ready. I figured if anyone would know, you all certainly would. I appreciate any information you may have!

The radio is not XM ready. You need to purchase and have installed an XM kit. I have done so, 2004 ES with navigation and ML. Kit cost around $369.00 from Sewell Lexus of Texas. However, I am uncertyain if the navigation unit is essential to have a kit installed in the 05. Would check it out at your dealership. Hope this helps. Mike

I ran into my salesman today at the dealer when I brought the car in for 5k service. I informed him of the availability of the Lexus XM radio part for the ES(which he had no clue of). He showed me the single page flyer for the 05 ES330 that lists them as XM radio "compatible". Evidently Lexus has no intention of providing this kit as standard equipment with any option package.