Occasional/slight Vibration-steering Wheel @

90LS400Lexus

Most recently, I have noticed that at low speed sharp turns, I can feel a bit of a vibration through the steering wheel. Now remember, my tires are "cupped" according to Lexus because of the mis-alignmant after new rear struts, so could this be why I feel the vibration? It did not do it before, but I imagine that the tires are getting worse. I just want to be sure that this is not a sign of a bad steering pump or rack or something. BTW- as usual, the fluid level is full.

Thanks!!

90ls.....

I think your tires could be the culprit.

When you turn, the outside tire will rotate faster - and if they are cupped pretty well, I could see it causing a little "shimmy". Lack of solid contact over the width of the tire.

Sounds reasonable!!!

yeah Agent is probably right about the tire

you might also want to check your ball joints out, when worn they can also give u some vibration problems when turning...... ;)

good luck

good point there Silvermate :D

:cheers:

that reminds me of another area:

do a check on those Tie-Rod ends.........those are what connects the PS Rack to the wheels (lower ball joint assembly) so if they've got "play" in them.....you'll get a shimmy / wiggle.