New Hp Bluetooth Does Not Work - Help!

Jai

I have had my LS430 since November last year. Till recently I had a phone which did not have Bluetooth so I didn't try working the interface. Then about 3 days ago I purchased the new HP h6315 Bluetooth PDA/Phone from T-Mobile and I have spent hours trying to make it work with the car and it will not. The Phone seems to recognize the car just fine once I enter the passkey, but the car simply will not recognize the phone. This is very frustrating especially given that it involves three premier companies - Lexus, HP, T-Mobile. Does anybody have any similar experiences, suggestions etc?

Thanks in advance

Jai

It is entirely possible the phone will not work with the car. Lexus dealers have a list of compatible phones, I know smartphone PDA devices generally don't work.

See Bluetooth has several different applications, only one of which is to allow handsfree communication without wires. Bluetooth also is a data transmission method, and my guess is thats basically what your new phone is designed to do. The phone must have bluetooth handsfree compatibility and bluetooth data compatibility to work properly with the Lexus/Toyota system. There are very few phones that work perfectly. If the phone doesn't have handsfree like your phone (I suspect) it will transfer phone books but you won't be able to communicate, a phone with handsfree and no data like the Motorola V710 from Verizon you can make and answer calls but you can't sync phonebooks and the phone won't ring aloud.

Actually, this device clearly has Bluetooth Handfree capability. It is listed in its list of Bluetooth capabilities and it says that it is intended to work with cars that are bluetooth equipped.

Jai