Sc400

vpjd

Yesterday I was pulling into a parking stall and my break pedal went to the floor and I ended up jumping a curb and hitting a small tree. I was not going very fast when this happened (maybe 3 MPH Max) but enough to wrinkle the nose. After maybe 15 seconds I was able to pump the brakes, they came back up and I was able to drive home. The brakes seemed to work OK on the way home. Has anyone ever had this problem? I haven't noticed any brake fluid yet. and took a quick look at the master cylinder to make sure there was fluid (there was).

NOTE: The car hasn't been driven in almost 3 weeks.

Thanks for any help, Vince (VPJD)

I know the 92 models had a brake related issue that was on recall, but it looks like they fixed it on the 93 models. This issue is a result of brakes sticking, but maybe it could also be the CCLP, here is the info if maybe it helps:

1992 LEXUS SC400 SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS

Summary:

THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE/TRACTION CONTROL COMPUTER LOGIC PROGRAM WAS INCOMPLETE, RESULTING IN THE TRAPPING OF BRAKE FLUID PRESSURE IN THE REAR BRAKE LINES. FAILURE TO RELEASE THE REAR BRAKE LINE PRESSURE CAUSES A CONDITION WHERE BRAKE PEDAL APPLICATION RESULTS IN ACTIVATION OF THE FRONT BRAKE ONLY, AND CONTINUAL REAR BRAKE DRAG.

Consequence:

FAILURE TO RELEASE THE HYDRAULIC PRESSURE IN THE REARBRAKE LINES CAUSES THE REAR BRAKES TO "DRAG" AND A CONDITION WHERE ONLY THEFRONT BRAKES ARE APPLIED WHEN THE BRAKE PEDAL IS DEPRESSED BY OPERATOR. THISRESULTS IN EARLY WEAR OF THE REAR BRAKE LINING, INCREASES OF STOPPING DISTANCES,AND POSSIBLE LOSS OF VEHICLE CONTROL AND A POSSIBLE ACCIDENT.

Remedy:

REPLACE THE DEFECTIVE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE/TRACTION CONTROL COMPUTER, AND IF ANY BRAKE SYSTEM IS DAMAGED FROM THE DEFECTIVE OPERATION OF THE ANTI-LOCK BRAKE/TRACTION CONTROL SYSTEM, REPAIR THE DAMAGE AT NO COST.

Notes:

TOYOTA MOTOR CO., LTD.