Speaker Problems...can't Figure Out Why.

bogman2121

I also had a rear go out. I clipped another speaker to the terminals w/aligator clips and it worked. Easy way to test the speaker.

Now how to I remove the grill covering the speaker? I unclipped the two clips under the speaker, towards the center of the car, but no effect on the grill.

Help! THis is a 96 es300.

• 3 weeks later...

I know well enough to turn the radio off before i turn the car off so it wont blast when i start it. Also, I tried other speakers-none of which are blown. It must be something else. I can't live like this without bass.

Although that may not be the reason , It is the most common cause of the rear speakers blowing out in the SC400/300 . If you need new Nakamichi speakers I have several sets of brand new 2 way , They also work perfect with the pioneer system.

Does anyone have any NAK 4" mid range speakers left or knows of a place to have these reconed?

Just an FYI - when the one rear 4" speaker went out I replaced the rear pair with some Infinity 4" 2-ways. They fit almost perfectly and sound quite a bit better than the stock units. The only fitment complication was that the OEM units use a somewhat wider stamping for the frame, and so there was about a 1/16" gap between the frame of the Infinitys and the OEM mounting ring. I used some latex caulk to fill the gap and waited a day before mounting.

These speakers go for about $40/pair on ebay.

sluggo