Transmission Question on IS200T

jasond1979

Hi I have an IS200T 2017 Lexus, with 43000 miles.   Trying to be responsible I took it to the mechanic and told him to do a fluid change.    They did a transmission flush  and charged me $371.    When I got it back I realized that they didn't replace the transmission filter.    They said their maintenance manuals don't show a need to replace the filter.    I'm thinking I should get the filter replaced.   They said fine it will cost you $500.00 to do the job.    Am I being picky by wanting the filter replaced?  My wife says that maybe its not needed to replace the filter and I shouldn't get mad about it. 

1.  Should I replace the transmission filter?

2.  Should the car repair place have given me the option to replace the filter instead of just doing a transmission flush?

Anyhow thank you for your input, just want to maintain my car in the best way.

I would check the maintenance schedules to see if the transmission filter needs to be replaced at a certain mileage or number of years. In some cases, as long as filters are changed according to the schedule, no filter change is required.