92 Sc300 Fuel Delivery Problem

Nole65SG

My 1992 SC300 has a warm start problem. The car will start up and then after about 3-5 seconds dies out. The problem will keep repeating itself until 7 or 8 start attempts when the RPMs will finally remain steady and the car will not die. Does not happen on cold starts or while driving. Only after it has rested and while the engine is still warm.

Mechanic started off replacing the fuel filter and then replaced the fuel pump. Said the old pump was only delivering about 7-8 psi. Drove the car home and problem again is repeating itself this evening. Taking it back in the morning. Thinking could be another problem or a bad new fuel pump. Any thoughts or similar experiences? Thanks!

As I understand, the closest Lexus dealer is hours away in Jacksonville. I worked together with the guys at Action Auto (focus on imports) on Gaines Street to come up with the solution. The info. I received on this board made the difference. Also, keep in mind Bill Cayson off of South Monroe Street. Even though his specialty is Chevys, he has been around. Knows cars well and is reasonable. I have him doing some work on the car as we speak. GO NOLES!!!!