Where To Buy Tuneup Stuff?

lexxus

The dealer wants $352, just for the parts, to tuneup my snail of a 400.plugs 12 x 8, wires $157, caps 25 x 2, rotors 13x2, air filter 23. plus labor.

One mechanic I talked to said that you have to buy dealer parts because other parts are just not as good. The wires will burn up, etc.

I always bought Napa(here in CA.) and I thought that there stuff was good.

Where should I buy the parts for both good quality and good price?

Where should I buy the parts for both good quality and good price?

Personally I would only buy factory stuff. If you can cross reference you might find stuff cheaper at the Toyota dealership. I got an airfilter for my '92 SC400, just walked in and asked for an air filter for a '93 Supra... :)

Stock parts last sometimes over 300,000 km.... you think aftermarket is that good??? I trust Toyota engineers way more than any aftermarket company.

Aaron

Since it looks like you are in SoCal, try calling Carson Toyota. If you know the part numbers, they can get it for you at a cheaper price than the Lexus dealer. If you don't know the parts number, they deal with a lot of Lexus so they can probably get you the stuff anyway.