I´m Back From Trip With My 1991 Ls400

Zdeno

I just want to put guys who are affraid to take a long trip with the first gen LS400 at their ease. I was traveling from south California to Wyoming (Yellowstone np), then to Colorado (Rocky mountains np) then to Utah (Arches np) and home. I´ve been out of the town 7 days. It tooks me 14,5 hours to get to Yellowstone (1050 miles), average speed 85 - 90, around 440 miles per tank. Then I don´t remember how many hours took me all other ways but it was many hours :) .

I just want to say I drove 3600 miles in 7 days with my 1991 LS400 173K and no problems at all. It was very comfortable to drive this car for over 14 hours from here to Wyoming.

Today it took me half day to clean all the bugs from the front drill etc.

SO lets go travel again with FIRST GEN LS400 !! :cheers:

Oh, I forgot to say. I got a piece of grit to my windshield from the truck :cries: . Yes I have a small chip there :cries:

post-4-1093762642.jpg

It's good to hear everything went smoothly, but I'm not surprized. The LS is one of the most reliable cars ever made. I haven't taken a trip quite as long as you just did, but I'm not afraid to. I do 120 mile trips weekly but have yet to take a cross country trip in my LS. The most I've done so far is Miniapp to Chicago and back which was almost 1000 miles. Coming home when I had about 5 miles remaining to my exit a rock from a truck flew up and put a chip in my windshield :(, so you're not the only one.

Nice looking LS man, I wish I had the chrome rims :P.

I agree with your assessment of the travelling comfort and reliability of the Gen I Lexus. I have driven mine from Huntsville, Alabama, to Corpus Christi, Texas, several times (round trip 2000 miles). I get 24-26 miles per gallon at interstate speed of around 75 miles per hour. Twelve hour drives are no problem with the comfort of this car. I assume that later model Lexus cars have maintained this comfort level, but I have no personal experience with them. Happy travelling.

BillyC

91LS400

216K miles