Help With A Decision.....

SC400TT

I am 18 and I am looking for a car. I dreamed of a Supra and actually was going to get one until I got impatient and decided I wanted something sooner. I have figured out that you can do engine & tranny swaps on early model SC's. My question is, which one: SC300 or SC400? I think the difference is the 400 is a V8 right? Anyways, do is matter which one I get? I plan on swapping in a 2jzagte and eventually a 6spd. Anything I should know before purchasing it? Thanks for your help in advance. Alec

--peace--

If you want to swap in a 2JZ-GTE, then it does matter which one you get... you need to get an SC300 then.

Not only are the motor mounts different in the SC400, but they only came in automatic transmission, so swapping in a V160 would be a lost cause... not to say it cant be done... but Its just a waste of money.

The best choice to get is a 92-97 Sc300 5spd...

Sweet. I have been looking at a used one in my area. They want 6,900 for it and its a 93 model with 160k miles. Also, have hard is it to find a stick? I have looked through many of pages to find one for sale and I have only seen one.

--peace--

The manual transmission is a bit harder to come by, up here in Jersey, they are pretty rare.

I was looking for months for mine but when I found one, the dealership had another one on their lot, with lower miles, newer, 5spd, and immaculate condition... so i bought that one lol.

The other one is still for sale up here if you are willing to make a trip, he wants 9K for it 92, 82K, maroon with all options, and 5spd. Its almost in mint condition.

Just keep your eyes open, check out all the online resources like www.autotrader.com

And wait for the perfect deal, you won't be dissapointed :D