is there a drip-wipe option on the 400H ?

I ask becuase it's always annoyed me that in a typical UK winter the extra wipe that the car does about 5 seconds after you have done a wash-wipe causes more problems than its worth.  I've just been driving another make of car where the dealer could switch this function off, and it's MUCH better.

Mike

44 minutes ago, RX400h said:

Often, any smears are a sign that your wipers are getting worn and need to be replaced. 

Haha Dave,  you should come and live on the coast of north east england, then you'd understand the issue we have with salt and crap off the winter roads here.  (wipers are new last month)

Mike

49 minutes ago, RX400h said:

Well, I did live in New England for 27 years.....😏

And they must use salt on the roads in New England in winter.  Do you not find that in the few seconds after the wash wipe has cleaned the windscreen beautifully and it's almost dry, a gratuitous extra wipe with no lubrication just leaves smears and white marks across the screen, so you have to do it again.  In the end I worked out a way to squirt fluid without any wipe at all, then flick the control to give a single wipe ..... but I wouldn;t have to do that if there was an option to switch off the drip wipe feature.

Mike

Yes, I believe they do use salt. Perhaps my memory has faded, as I try not to visit relatives during Winter months. My guess is that it is highly unlikely that there would be an option like that with a vehicle that is 14 years old. How often do you have the need to use the squirter?

5 hours ago, RX400h said:

Yes, I believe they do use salt. Perhaps my memory has faded, as I try not to visit relatives during Winter months. My guess is that it is highly unlikely that there would be an option like that with a vehicle that is 14 years old. How often do you have the need to use the squirter?

depends on the conditions and how close you are to lorries you are trying to pass on a single carriageway road .... sometimes need to clear the streaks every couple of minutes.

Mike