Ho2s Heater Circuit Malfunction, Bank 2, Sensor 1

anemergingstar

Hi all! I am experiencing "issues" with my used 99 rx300!! I bought the car at 57K and have about 77K miles on it now. One day the car just started jumping in and out of gears!! :( I was told that I needed to have the transmission overhauled for the "slipping" issues, which my extended warranty folks paid "PART" of the bill for, but then the check engine light cames on after that!!! :angry: The OBDII code I got from AAMCO about the CEL was P01155, which means "HO2S Heater Circuit Malfunction, Bank 2, Sensor 1". Before I go through the headache again with battling it out with warranty folks :chairshot: , I would like to know where exactly is the "bank 2, sensor 1" in this car and is this a relatively simple problem to fix via a diy??? Also what is the normal price for a oxygen sensor part? Any advice would be appreciated as I am trying to take this car out SOON on a road trip to FL!!! :cries:

Also on a different note, my drivers side door will not lock with the rest of the doors when using the remote key. Is this normal? If not, how do I fix it?

THANKS ALL! :)

The appropriate oxygen sensor can typically be purchased at NAPA or AutoZone for around $210 plus tax. It won't be in stock, but they can order it for you and have it within a few days. There are three different oxygen sensors on the RX300; two under the exhaust manifold. and one just prior to the catalytic converter. The particular sensor you're having trouble with may be one of the sensors under the exhaust manifold. The good news for you is that both of these particular sensors share the same part number and are therefore interchangeable. The bad news is that there are several additional sensors (mass air flow sensor, air/fuel ratio sensor, etc.) that you must be concerned about as well.

Good luck and keep us posted on what you learn and how you decide to effect repairs. Knowing what these trouble codes mean and what devices they point towards is important to all of us who prefer to do our own maintenance.