Audio Problems (of Course)

I have a SC400 w/ a nakamichi stereo system. The problem is the radio wont turn on. I was driving down the road when i turned the stereo off and then turned it back on 5 or 10 min. later and it wouldnt turn on. I left it alone until i got back in it and started the car and all these weird symbols showed up on the face plate. Again- I cant turn nothing on. Whenever i start my car i hear the cd's changing in the cd player. PLEASE HELP! :cries:

Wow that exact same thing happened to me! I was driving down the fwy, tuned off the stereo, then it wouldn't turn back on. There was just an odd character showing on the screen. To fix it, all I had to do was take out and reinsert all the fuses protecting the radio. It was odd, since none of the fuses were blown, I guess there was just a bad connection or something. The fuse that was loose was in the fuse box located just inside the carpeting to the left of your left foot while you're driving. Just pull the carpet back, and the fuse box will be right there. I forget exactly which fuse it was, but there should be a diagram of them either on the cover or the inside of the fuse box, or inside of the owner's manual under electrical. Locate the fuse, see if it is blown or not, then replace the fuse. If that doesn't work, do the same thing with the fuses in the main fuse box next to the battery under the hood. All I had to do was take the fuse out and put it back in, it wasn't blown or anything. If you can't find out what fuse it was, I can get the owner's manual from my car for you. Very very weird, my cd changer still worked just like yours. Hopefully it's the same problem and you can fix it. Good luck.

Well, my stereo went out yesterday....checked the fuses and the one under the hood was blown. I got a replacement, snapped it in, and it blew right away...the car wasn't even on. Ideas with that? The same day, earlier I had washed my car and when I took it for a spin, the audio was making a wavering noise but it went back to normal for a good 40 minutes before the thing went totally out (blew a fuse). My only guess is a short, but I wouldn't really know where to start.