Carphone

htbotdvr

Your question has been asked many times on this and other Lexus forums and the answer seems to be "no". Here is a link to a recent thread that includes a reply I made: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...topic=10064&hl=

I see that you have a 98 LS and a Nokia phone although you didn't mention the phone model. If a car kit is available for your model Nokia, it is fairly easy to install and attach it to the phone antenna imprinted on inside of the rear window and to a connector under the armrest to mute the radio on a call. There is probably an antenna coax cable that you could use under the console/armrest like in my 2000 LS. Nokia kits can be purchased directly from Nokia on their website and, if I remember correctly, most are less than $175.

If you have a standard Pioneer or Navigation audio system, it is possible that one of the "mute lead" wire harnesses from a U.K. or European company would work to interface a Nokia car kit so that it plays the call through the radio speakers, mutes the audio system on a call and picks up power and ground for the car kit from the amplifier located under the front passenger seat. At least it looks like it would based on comparing the mute cable connector to the diagram of the Pioneer/Nav amplifier in my repair manual.

I've got a Dashmount U.K. mute lead in the basement - found out that it would not plug into my Nakamichi amp (same number of wires but different plug format than the Pioneer/Nav). I might be willing to part with it for what I paid if you want to try it. Or you could call Dashmount in the U.K. and order it like I did.

I prepared a reference manual on how I installed my Nokia kit in my 00 LS. It is a rather large Word document with photos and is at: http://home.kc.rr.com/colchester/phone/Nok...H%20install.doc

How well a car kit works depends on what features your phone has. The "give-away" Nokia phones have relatively few features but ones that are a bit nicer like my 6340i have an incredible list of features - even more when used with a car kit.

Feel free to ask here or PM me if you want more information.